- Wash tattoo after removing bandage with fragrance free liquid castile soap, like doctor bronners.
- Pat dry with clean lint free paper towel, then allow to air dry.
- Apply fragrance free lotion when tattoo feels tight or dry. Recommended lotions include Lubraderm, Tattoo Goo, and Aquatat.
- When using lotion, wash hands first and apply only a thin layer.
- Keep scented soaps and lotions away from your tattoo.
- Pick or scratch the tattoo.
- Rebandage your tattoo.
- Soak tattoo in water or do any kind of swimming for at least 3 weeks.
- Apply thick layers of lotion.
- Expose tattoo to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks.
- Take advice from friends